Subject: [Leica] Leica/Zeiss encounters...
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sun Aug 28 04:31:15 2005

I was out shooting yesterday at one of my favorite spots, here:

http://tinyurl.com/bwxvo

and was stopped by a young couple, male and female, who were sitting on
the bench.

I was carrying my IIIf and Zeiss Ikonta 524/2 6x9, and the young man
stopped me, and with a heavy German accent said, "Those look like my
grandfather's cameras!  That's a Zeiss, I know it!  What's the other
one?"

And, that started the conversation.  He and his partner are here from
Germany, working for one of the large corporations headquartered in this
part of CT.

He wanted to know what film I was using, why I was shooting with these
"old cameras," did I like them, why did I like them, etc...

Lovely conversation, beautiful day, and I'll have the film back from the
lab in a day or two, anxious to see the results of the Novar Anastigmat
lens, AND those big 6x9 negs.

Ken
--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier