Subject: [Leica] Hyperfocal distance shooting, how to?
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sun Aug 28 08:50:21 2005

Hey Ken--

I don't have a Summaron, but think this will work from pictures of
them I've seen.

Set your desired aperture.

Look at the lens's back scale which features two sets of aperture
numbers radiating from center of focus. Turn the focus until the
infinity symbol is over the aperture you set.

The distance that appears over the same aperture on the other side is
the nearest in focus.

Anything within those bounds is focused - sort of.

Have a great vacation.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies