Subject: [Leica] Leica future and diehard fans
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sun Aug 28 08:52:04 2005

Some amount of the tone and quality of those older instruments comes
from the slow aging and stabilization of the woods and glues. Also, the
less stable or desirable instruments from bygone days have long since
warped and cracked or been replaced. Kind of a "survival of the fittest"
phenomenon :-)

Guitar manufacture went through some "dark days" in the 70's and
80's. Players sought out older instruments or bought from a kind of
pre-Cambrian explosion of new smaller vendors.