Subject: [Leica] OT NOLA Katrina
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Aug 28 14:49:33 2005

At 05:31 PM 8/28/2005, you wrote:
>bothers me about the Superdome is (1) the line to get in is already a
>mile long, standing in the rain, and (2) it has never been through a
>category I hurricane, no less a 5.
>
>Jeffery Smith

Jeffery:

You can sing along with Johnny Cash as you watch the water rise:

How high's the water, mama?
Two feet high and risin'
How high's the water, papa?
Two feet high and risin'

We can make it to the road in a homemade boat
That's the only thing we got left that'll float
It's already over all the wheat and the oats,
Two feet high and risin'

How high's the water, mama?
Three feet high and risin'
How high's the water, papa?
Three feet high and risin'

Well, the hives are gone,
I've lost my bees
The chickens are sleepin'
In the willow trees
Cow's in water up past her knees,
Three feet high and risin'

How high's the water, mama?
Four feet high and risin'
How high's the water, papa?
Four feet high and risin'

Hey, come look through the window pane,
The bus is comin', gonna take us to the train
Looks like we'll be blessed with a little more rain,
4 feet high and risin'

How high's the water, mama?
Five feet high and risin'
How high's the water, papa?
Five feet high and risin'

Well, the rails are washed out north of town
We gotta head for higher ground
We can't come back till the water comes down,
Five feet high and risin'

Well, it's five feet high and risin'

I hope it doesn't get any higher than 5' but I think it will probably
be at least 5x that high.

Best wishes,

Tina

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] OT NOLA Katrina)