Subject: [Leica] OT NOLA Katrina - Climate Change
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Aug 28 15:59:55 2005

It has certainly been an odd two or three years. This summer has been
horrifically hot with not much rain. The extreme heat (high 90s every
day) has heated up the Gulf to 85F, and that is what has powered this
storm. If the heating trend continues, I would expect a string of really
active hurricane seasons that will nibble away at much of the Gulf
coast.

Were it not for the dwindling petroleum supply and high prices, I'd
rather be in South Dakota.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com