Subject: [Leica] Biogon filter question
From: bussbearm at aei.ca (Robert Beaudoin)
Date: Mon Aug 29 20:30:33 2005

Bonsoir Gerald,

  I had a somewhat related problem a couple of weeks ago.  Bought a very
nice 50mm Canon 1.8 lens, late version, for next to nothing.  Problem was it
takes 40 mm accessories.  I went to a local telescope store and had an
adapter ring made by their resident machinist; 40mm to 46mm. I believe the
tread was .5 mm.  I'm positive you can have an adapter ring custom made for
your needs.  My total cost was 40 canadian loonies; about 35 US dollars.
Cost of said adapter is quickly recouped by the savings made on a ton of
readily available inexpensive shades and filters.

  Best,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)

Replies: Reply from kd7olf at xmission.com (Gerald Homeyer) ([Leica] Biogon filter question)