Subject: [Leica] tries with a 180
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Aug 30 08:54:33 2005

Simon showed:

>>>http://gallery.leica-users.org/view_album.php?page=1&set_albumName=boele<<

Hi Simon,
First things first! Using a 180 in the close proximity of a living
room/dining room is amazing you captured the action, loving moments and
other bits and pieces with such success.  I mean most shooters, and even
some pros, would consider the 180 too long for this kind of shoot.

However you certainly proved anyone thinking it's too long are wrong. Well
done in handling a 180 lens in such a manner and under not the most
brilliant of light with excellent results! Good on you. :-)

All in all damn fine photography in capturing the intimate moments of a
childs birthday party without wasting much space, if any. It's the intimacy
you have that shorter lenses miss.

The light? Man you look like you're getting that "LIGHT - EYES - ACTION"
concept right on the mark! :-) Just remember, if you can see it, you can
shoot it! :-) Show no fear just shoot, sure we lose some but what we gain by
trying far out weigh the lost image or two.

I think if I have one that I really like the most it has to be the child
whispering in the mother's ear while holding the hand up. :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] tries with a 180)