Subject: [Leica] Side grips
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Aug 31 13:50:15 2005

Hi Lew,

I've been using the Leica handgrips for R5 and R7 (the R7 grip is higher
to clear the shutter speed dial, the R4-5 grip won't fit on an R7)
for years. I find them VERY practical if I'm using the winder or drive.
If you use the camara without a motor you can't attach the grip.
The R3Mot grip and the one for the SL2 Mot are also good, but won't fit
on other models.
I've had, in my pre-Leica days, all sorts of grips that attach to the
baseplate, nearly all of them were rubbish, the only exception being  a
Metz hammer-head flash
where you attach a bar to the baseplate and one end of your strap to a
lug on the flash, a beautifully balanced set-up, .
Douglas