Subject: [Leica] Re: beta impressions of DMR
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Wed Aug 31 16:42:12 2005

> >have a look here for a very interesting thread/review of a DMR vs  Canon
> >1DsMkII, both using Leica lenses.  One could conclude that the  DMR wins.
>>
>>http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/267995/21
>>
>>Rick.
>

> I've read, paying a lot of attention,  the *complete* thread and the
> results seem to be much better than Mr. Puts analysis however they are
> strongly contested by other members mainly about differences in metering,
> importance of AA filter or its absence and the relative importance of 16
> bites dynamic range.. I have made at home many, many tests and the problem
> is that there so many variables to take in count that the value of the
> conclusions rarely are definitive. The best way to find out the true value
> of the DMR is getting one and making oneself extensive tests. Fortunately
> the DMR is strongly back ordered so I can get many more well founded
> opinions before getting mine and, just is case they are truly negative,
> cancel the order.
>
> Felix

I struggled through the posts as well but unfortunately did not find any
objective comparisons.
Hopefully some of the more thorough sites will do an extensive test soon.
I very much liked the owl picture on the Leica site however.
http://www.leica-camera.com/digitalekameras/digitalmodul/downloads/
Especially the landscape  visible on the left eye.
I,m contemplating to just stick with film and get a better scanner iso a new
body/back.
best,simon jessurun,amsterdam