Subject: [Leica] Sprays and coatings for digi-prints
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Fri Sep 2 15:30:53 2005

Well, I'm (slowly) futzing with papers and the like, but the general
answer is - yes.  B&W and color. Color on an Epson 2200 with UC
inks. B&W on a C86 with MIS quadtone inks and also the 2200 using
QuadTone RIP (QTR).

As for papers, EEM (trying to move away from this paper), Moab
Kayenta, PremierArt Premium Matte (last two are acid/lignin free
wood pulp papers), a little PremierArt Scrapbook (good deal on a
cotton paper up to 8x11).  For glossy, Kirkland and Epson Premium
SemiGloss, and Ilford Smooth Pearl.

I'm happy with the PrintShield on glossy (although I got sloppy last
night and got "waves" in the coating for the first time).  I guess I'm
wondering if folks are using different sprays for UV protecting their
matte prints (Lascaux fixative isn't a UV protector).

Scott