Subject: [Leica] Leica MDigital
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Sep 3 13:23:57 2005

Of course the photograph is what counts. The problem  is that for those of
us on  the cusp of film/digital, the LCD on the camera back can get in the
way of the photograph as often as it contributes. There is really no
difference between looking at a histogram, and looking at a reading on an
incident meter - you know that by opening up, or closing down, you shift the
exposure values.

I'm hardly a believer in buggy whips, Gary, having been carrying the digital
banner on this list for quite some time. But I do find, as I said, that I
shoot fewer digital frames than I do film frames. And shooting less means
getting less. Sure, it can be argued that I am shooting less because I know
that I got what I was looking for. And that may be true. But what am I
missing while I'm looking at the images I've already shot? What do I miss
because I say to myself, 'got it. Time to go home.'

Not every 'advance' is necessarily a step forward.