Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica MDigital: specs and extreme circumstances.
From: alex at vanhulsenbeek.com (Sander van Hulsenbeek)
Date: Sun Sep 4 01:05:04 2005

Another 2c's thought:

My Canon 20D's specifications say: operates in 0-40 degrees Centigrade and
max. 85 percent humidity.

So in the jungle in Borneo, a month ago, it held up to those specifitations
and quit working. Lenses fogged and no more pictures were recorded. When it
back to life: an ugly vertical stripe pattern on all pics. So: useless for
the rest of the trip.

Would a "pro" body be better? No, not after a change of lenses.  *&^#%:
where was my Leica? Lost in the tsunami it was, as some of you may remember.
(Had to buy a 350D to be able to continue)

I have never seen my Leica M pack in under such circumstancess. But a
digitalM? That would basically have the same specs and same vulnerabilities.

Who wants to travel with a 5000 US intrinsally lame duck?