Subject: [Leica] I really disagree with this policy
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Tue Sep 6 15:57:59 2005

Matt:

>I don't have a problem with this. These people have been through a
>tragedy greater than most of us could ever know - the last thing they
>deserve is a hobbyist poking a camera in their face to get some keen
>shots of their misery.

Yes and no.  I don't think a hobbyist should be invading somebody's space
after a tragedy just to add to his collection.  That should be common
decency.  On the other hand, if the government is picking and choosing who
is a hobbyist and who is a bona fide journalist, then we no longer have a
truly free press.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/