Subject: [Leica] Summicron-M 35 Lens recommendations?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Sep 6 18:27:53 2005

Barrel distortion is present in flat planes with the optical axis
perpendicular to the subject plane.  The lines of the building ( for
example) are bowed out from the center.  If you then make the optical plane
not parallel, the convergence issue takes over and seeing barrel distortion
is quite hard to differentiate.  Personally, only fisheye lenses, TV
cameras, lower quality primes or older zooms, and really cheap wide angle
lenses have shown this side to me....

Something may bother you, and I can believe that the V4 lens does not make
you happy all the time.

If the iris ring does break off ( I am told by Sherry it happens when the
lens is dropped on its lens shade....).  It does not fall off nor break on
its own.  I should have been more clear on this subject.

I have the F1.4, F1.4 ASPH, and a V3 F2.  I am probably  a 35 junkie.....I
usually have the V3 in the camera as the best overall around the town lens.

Its NOT alright to own 3 35mm lenses!  I should join 35mm Anonymous.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net