Subject: [Leica] #308
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Fri Sep 9 08:02:56 2005

From: "Peter Dzwig" <pdzwig@summaventures.com>

Subject: Re: [Leica] #308

> GeeBee wrote:
> > Leica IIIf : 50mm Summitar f2 : red filter : Kodak T400CN
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05308.htm
> >

> > Graham
> > http://geebeephoto.com

> Are you working these in photoshop, or are you using a fairly deep red
filter
> (which one)? I don't find it easy to get this sort of sky on BW 400CN so
(if I
> believe Kodak) I guess that it must be that you are mastering PS as well
as
> landscape photography.
-------------------------

Hi Peter,

I bought some filters for the Summitar one of which was red. It looked dark
to me but I went with 3 stops compensation and rated the T400 CN at 50. It
wasn't enough and I lost a couple of good shots from being way too dark. The
shots that I have used needed a bit of work.

The filter is marked Rh and I think 4 maybe 4.5 stops would have been more
appropriate.

Thanks for looking.

--Graham

Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] #308)