Subject: [Leica] Cable Car
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri Sep 9 12:57:26 2005

To all who commented on http://www.bobbaron.com/CableCar.html , thanks
very much.

Ted, I did try to put into use what I've learned from you at the
Seminars and here on the LUG, namely, to try to look at an ordinary
scene in a slightly different way.

I was only in San Francisco proper for about 48 hours (in mid August)
and most of that time was spent 'working', but when I could get away for
a while I roamed around with several ideas in mind and this was one of
them.  I shot maybe 30-40 frames of cable cars at various (mostly slow)
  shutter speeds at different locations during different times of the
day; I tried a lot of different panning motions and I used a Tom A.
RapidWinder, which I generally prefer over a Leica Motor Drive on an M.
  As you say it was not until the film was processed that I had any idea
what I was really getting.....and this is the shot I like best.

San Francisco is such a photogenic place.....you who are going to the
LHSA meeting there next month should take lots of film.  I'll try to
post a few more photos soon that maybe will give you all some more ideas
of good locations and shots.

And thanks again for the 'well done'.  That means a lot to me.

:-)

--Bob