Subject: [Leica] photographing wedding in DC
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Sep 11 02:24:02 2005

Chris,
I have stayed at a Microtel just outside of Dulles several times.  I
believe I paid in the neighborhood of $69-$89 a night.  It is not
directly on a Metro line so factor in a rental car.

You will find that the Metro does a very good job of getting you where
you want to go in the Washington DC area if you don't mind walking a
block or two.

If you can fit your wedding kit in a pelican case or two then using
the Metro to get to the Hay is not a bad plan.  If you for other
reasons rent a car then by all means go out of the city proper to find
accomadations. Factor in a 90 minute commute if you need to travel
into the city during peak rush hour traffic, the traffic in D.C. is
pretty brutal.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com