Subject: [Leica] BW scanning
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Sep 13 17:52:58 2005

I believe the debate is moot with the new versions of the scanning SW. The
key is to scan in 16 bits. So BW 16 bits gives you the range of data you
need, and still with limited file size. RGB is 3 channels so the file will
be bigger.

You can verify this by scanning in as RGB and then look at the histogram
for all 3 channels. If the individual histogram is different, then scanning
as RGB has the edge. Otherwise, if all 3 channels are the same, then you
just duplicate the data 3 times with no benefit.

use richard at imagecraft.com)