Subject: [Leica] A tourist photo, sort of.
From: chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Tue Sep 13 21:15:18 2005

I've posted other images of the Saturday Boy's Club, so some of you may
recognize the subject here.

Preston Jones Jr, aka Colonial Williamsburg silversmith, also interprets an
ensign and standard bearer in the Virginia militia. He's been bemoaning the
fact that, while he's appeared on the cover of three issues of the CW
magazine (and in a poster and as an action figure), no one's photographed
him in his regimentals.  He's especially proud of the silver gorget dangling
from his neck, which he made.  He asked me to make an image, so this
afternoon I obliged.  For what it's worth, the fellow with the baton to
Preston's right is Lance Pettigrew, the grand Wazoo of the Fife and Drum
Corps, and another drinking buddy.

Those of you who've been to CW know how difficult it is to seize images sans
"guests," so I was emboldened to get right close with this short tele.

I made this with my Olympus point and shoot and the Zuiko 50/2 (at F2),
walking backward at a dizzyingly rapid pace.

http://cmbrow.people.wm.edu/photography/New/ensignjones.htm

Comments, derision, etc.

Cheers!

Chandos