Subject: [Leica] Jupiter-8 (50/2.0) piddling around
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Sep 13 23:45:11 2005

Ok, I'm just farting around. When you by one of the lenses you have to
run them through the tests so make sure that someone hasn't
disassembled them and put them back together any old way they felt
like. It happens. I have one that is literally less sharp than the
bottom of a Coke bottle (remember those?) because of that.

And ... I've always heard that the Sonnars had such nice bokeh:

f4.0

http://gallery.leica-users.org/By-Jupiter/05v37_0001

f2.8

http://gallery.leica-users.org/By-Jupiter/05v37_0002

I don't know about the bokeh, but I can tell you ... I'm allowed one
shot, two is too many.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Jupiter-8 (50/2.0) piddling around)