Subject: [Leica] Three New Images
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Sep 15 19:48:52 2005

Neil Schneider showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Three New Images

>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/People-And-Places/Sisters >>

Hi Neil,
The best of the three?  "Sisters" no question! Perfect lighting for visual
effect and the mark of a photographer who recognizes light and aware of how
to use it effectively.

The other two just sort of sat there with a kind of... "So?"  They appear
more like a "family snap" and in that case I suppose they worked, but
Sisters illustrates the ability to see light and make an interesting
photograph using it.

If I were to do anything different I'd shoot it with as wide an aperture as
possible, therefore dropping the back ground out of focus even more. And in
that, making the Sisters stand out more than they do. That's not to say I
wouldn't shoot one as you did because this type of scene requires some
playing for max visual effect, providing you were given the opportunity of
time before the live sister moved away. ;-)

And yes I know there are guys who tell me they pre-visualize a shot and
that's OK for them. It's never been one of my points of photography as a
print or shot is only as good as it looks in real life and not in ones mind.
;-)

Still the best shot of the 3~!
Good on you. :-)

ted