Subject: [Leica] lighting critique request
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Fri Sep 16 07:39:20 2005

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:26:29 +0200, Daniel Ridings wrote
> Eric,
>
> It looks like beautiful window lighting. A great source.
>
> If it isn't and you've manage to create the effect with your own
> lighting, hats off to you.
>
> Daniel
>
> On 9/16/05, Eric <ericm@pobox.com> wrote:
> > I'm interested in any and all comments related to the lighting in these:
> > (You can just start at the right and hit the right arrow, too.)
> >
> > http://canid.com/current/jbm_0509_ab_01.html
> > http://canid.com/current/jbm_0509_ab_02.html
> > http://canid.com/current/jbm_0509_ab_03.html
> > http://canid.com/current/jbm_0509_ab_04.html
> > http://canid.com/current/jbm_0509_ab_05.html
> > http://canid.com/current/jbm_0509_ab_06.html
> > http://canid.com/current/jbm_0509_ab_07.html
> > http://canid.com/current/jbm_0509_ab_08.html
> > http://canid.com/current/jbm_0509_ab_09.html
> >
> > I don't remember the last time I used a flash.  Before today, that is.
The
> > ups man delivered a 640 Ws monolight today.  Most shots are stopped
*way*
> > down.  f4 or so.  :)  Ambient exposure was around f1.  Diffused through
a 5
> > ft translucent umbrella.
> >
> > Any and all critiques would be greatly appreciated.  Can you tell that
it's
> > a flash?  You're not doing me any favors by being gentle.  Please tear
these
> > apart.  I'm trying to learn how to use artificial light.  :)
> >
> > Acros 100.  Xtol 1:1.  9.5 mins at 20 C.

Hi Eric,

I would not have believed they were flash had you not told me. Nice shots
captured to good effect.

There is a line (dust in scanner?) running top to bottom midway across the
frame. It is more evident in some than in others but I think it's on them
all.

--Graham

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] lighting critique request)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] lighting critique request)