Subject: [Leica] Black Paint M cameras
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Fri Sep 16 11:51:36 2005

Feli

I had an interesting information exchange with the LHSA member Akira
Nakajima in the past winter. He had dechromed and painted his Leica. See his
instructions below.

I for myself have decided that dechroming is too messy and better done by a
professional galvanizer, and assembling/CLA will be done by other
professionals. I have disassembled a Canon VT DeLuxe with a repair manual
found in the web and sent the parts to a local galvanizer here in
Switzerland. Total costs were CHF50 that's $40. I'm shure it's cheaper in
the US.

Now the parts wait to be painted, unfortunately I'm missing the time for
that. I have bought "Flat Black" fine grain enamel paint (Part #CF3-F) and a
red and white lacquer pen for the engravings, both from
http://www.micro-tools.com (anyway the right place for all camera
tinkerers). After painting (damn I hope this will happen soon) all will be
sent unasssembled to http://www.essexcamera.com where they will assemble and
CLA the camera for another $130 (they agreed for this procedure).

Good luck with your M4...
Didier

Quoting Akira Nakajima:

Replies: Reply from clzeni at mindspring.com (Craig Zeni) ([Leica] Black Paint M cameras)