Subject: [Leica] Scanning, no Leica content to speak of
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Sat Sep 17 06:05:32 2005

Have a question for all you scanning folks.
Just got my 1st roll back from my XPan II (thank you Richard!!).  Well 2nd
roll actually, still waiting for the Fujichrome to come back.  This is a
roll of Konica that I picked up in haste after I ran out of the Fujichrome
(getting far to used to Digital's never ending cards )
I have a basic scanner, Epson 3170, and the pano strips fit nicely in the
35mm holder which has no cross bars to get in the way.
Wondering about the settings.  Did a test at 48 bit, 6400 dpi for grins.
Took forever and produced a 365 meg file.  No doubt a tad more then I need
for much of anything.  Not having scanned negatives before, I'm not sure
what the practical settings should be.
Thanks,
Bill