Subject: [Leica] Factories in Manhattan?
From: neilsimages at pipeline.com (Neil Schneider)
Date: Thu Sep 22 20:56:38 2005

On Sep 22, 2005, at 5:53 PM, Chris Saganich wrote:

> The Greenpoint, Williamsburg , Navy Yard, waterfront factory tour.
> Gowanus Canal, Smith and 9th Street areas then go into Red Hook. from.
>  From Red Hook on down to towards Sunset Park.  Tour the Greenwood
> Cemetery while your there, it is a Victorian wonderland.
>
> At 12:54 PM 9/22/2005, you wrote:
>
>> I will be in NY soon, and wondering if there are any factories left
>> in Manhattan. I imagine there are some or lots in Brookly and Queens,
>> but in lower Manhattan the usual story has been lofts and the like,
>> residential displacing manufacturing. If you know of areas in which
>> manufacturing is still taking place, I would be grateful for the
>> leads.
>> Martin Krieger
>> krieger@usc.edu

Hi Martin,

Please, if you go to the Red Hook section of Brooklyn, take extra care
for you safety and equipment and go in daylight only.
It is a very dangerous section of NYC

Neil

"Predicting the future is mostly a matter of managing not to blink as
you witness the present" -- William Gibson

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Factories in Manhattan?)
Message from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Factories in Manhattan?)