Subject: [Leica] PESO: Rita, the singer
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Mason)
Date: Fri Sep 23 12:55:40 2005

It's been a few months since I posted anything on the
list.  Lurking can become a habit.

But I've kept on pushing the shutter release and, sure
enough, it's come unstuck.

Hence, a few Photos Every So Often...

I played a pops concert with the Lynchburg (Virginia)
Symphony last weekend.  Rita Coolidge was the guest
artist.  I took along my horn and an M2.

As sometimes happens in rehearsals, one of the
arrangements wasn't working at all.  Rita, needless to
say, was worried:

http://tinyurl.com/czvj6

She knew what she wanted, but the orchestra wasn't
making it happen.  Things were a little tense:

http://tinyurl.com/acxck

Bruce Habitzruther, the orchestra's conductor, was
pretty sure he saw the problem.  He and Mary Ekler,
Rita's music director worked on some changes:

http://tinyurl.com/a62qa

Rita was hopeful, but not convinced:

http://tinyurl.com/dyu55

Turns out Bruce was right.  And we all started
breathing again:

http://tinyurl.com/ahxsv

M2, 50/2 'cron, Fuji Superia 800.

--John

J Mason
Charlottesville, Virginia

DEMOCRACY OF SPEED, a Photo Documentary Project:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s/john-m/john-m.html

http://mail.yahoo.com

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] PESO: Rita, the singer)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] PESO: Rita, the singer)