Subject: [Leica] Friday FS/WTB
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Sat Sep 24 09:03:21 2005

> Will somebody out there who has switched from Leica SM to Ms or Rs or
> Digital please dig around among his dusty old Leica gadgets from the
Thirties and
> sell me a Leica film-cutting template at a reasonable price?  --regards,
bob
> cole

Bob, you're not going to get anyone to sell you one at all probably
(relative scarcity) and certainly not reasonable. They are quite the
collector's item now and bring $75-$125 when found (the Leitz ones that is).
Aluminum ones from Japan may be had for less but they really aren't common
either.

Just lay out the film leader on a newspaper or magazine surface and cut it
with a sharp pointed pocket knife.  It doesn't have to be pretty, just
functional.  The only things to remember is to make it at least 3-4 inches
long and DON'T cut through a hole. Cut between them.

Of course, you might want it for display purposes, not to use at all, but I
doubt it.

JB