Subject: [Leica] Random thoughts
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Sat Sep 24 13:18:29 2005

I went for my customary walk today and decided to eat my lunch sat on a
bench on the village green at Stoke Albany.

The sky was a perfect blue, the sun still felt warm on my back and there was
a gentle breeze. The trees around the village green were just starting to
show that first shift in colour that signals the onset of Autumn. As I ate
my lunch I took detailed stock of my surroundings.

The centrepiece was a small obelisk surrounded by a circle of steps which
were in turn surrounded by a narrow bed of flowers in full bloom. The manner
in which the monument and flowers were kept was testimony to the inscription
on the monument that those who gave their lives in the Great War are not
forgotten.

During the course of my lunch three cars pulled up by the church which
fronts the village green and each car that arrived had a least one passenger
carrying flowers for the more recently departed in the churchyard.

Distant bells proclaimed that a wedding was taking place in Wilbarston, a
village less than a mile from where I sat, a perfect day to start a
marriage. Somewhere off in the distance a dog was barking and that mingled
with the sound of hooves on tarmac as riders passed on their way to and from
the nearby stables.

It was England at its best, a place so beautiful that even with my eyes shut
it sounded beautiful.

The scene was a photographers dream but for all its beauty it could not hold
my attention. My thoughts were, and remain with, Sonny Carter and his family
and I pray that they all come through safely.

--gb

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Random thoughts)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Random thoughts)
Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Random thoughts)