Subject: [Leica] Zorki and J-8 Industar 61 as "car camera"
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Sep 26 02:25:14 2005

Peter

>...So I was thinking of applying the Daniel Ridings Solution:  Use a Soviet
>camera as my "at-risk" camera.

All I can say is that my "car camera" is a Rollei XF 35. I could use my
FED-2 with Industar-61 LD, vented hood, lightmeter and additional finder as
well, but this seems already too "precious" to me to leave it in a risky
place (though Switzerland is probably the safer place than most places in
the US).

>I'm thinking seriously of trying to get the Industar 61 adjusted.  But I'm
>wondering whether I should do this with a $12 lens

With a $12 lens, you might as well try it yourself. I had relubed and
adjusted mine with Matt Denton's very useful manual:
http://tinyurl.com/cgcxz
And if it fails, you can still buy another one...

best regards
Didier