Subject: [Leica] RE: Peter's request for a car camera . . .
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Sep 27 04:07:59 2005

Well of course.

All the cameras I have are good enough to use all the time. I just
don't do it. Leica's are pretty good for all-around stuff, but the
rangefinders are better left at home for fast moving sports (or
anything fast moving for that matter). Same goes for the Kiev I have.

If I were absolutely forced to get rid of everything except for one
body, I doubt that the one body would be an M.

That doesn't rule out any of them being used as a car camera though.
In my case it's an "African camera". I'd prefer to replace a Kiev 4A
and Jupiter-12 than I would a Leica M and a 35mm Summicron. I doubt
that anyone would be able to tell the difference between the shots (I
have a Summicron from the 70'ies). As it is, I doubt that my Kievs
will be back from Oleg who is cleaning them up before it's time to go
again (end of next week). I haven't decided if it will be a Leica, a
Nikon F3 or simply go light with a Rolleicord. (My main duties are not
to take pictures there and I'll only be there for a week). I took
digital the last time.

Daniel