Subject: [Leica] Where New Haven is
From: gwlists at netscape.net (Gerry Walden)
Date: Thu Sep 29 04:19:35 2005

dnygr@cshore.com wrote:

> You ask, where is New Haven?
>
> New Haven is 90 minutes east of Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall, 2
> hours and 45 minutes west of a school in Cambridge, Mass., whose name
> is unmentionable. It lies along the divide between the Yanks and the
> Sox (don't you dare ask who they are), and it is the home of the best
> pizza in the U.S., and if that is not enough, it is home to a great
> Leica repairman.
>
> All this means is that you can send your kid to Yale for an education,
> come to visit and eat pizza or the great Italian food here and have
> your Leica repaired while you listen in to the local argue about
> baseball.
>
> Doug Nygren

As an Englishman I have great memories of having lunch in New Haven and
by chance meeting a fellow pro called Charles Daniels from Somerville
Ma. - nice guy toting a Mamiya 7 as I recall (I still have his card).
Happy memories from a time when the US was a place that was easier to
visit. Now my camera insurers tell me that I am covered for world-wide
travel except the US where I have to get extra cover because of the
rouble pros travelling there have!!!

Gerry

Replies: Reply from msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Where New Haven is)