Subject: [Leica] Which Leica tabletop tripod head: small or large?
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 3 07:03:50 2005

Which tripod head?,  you ask.

 Any tripod head made by a reputable manufacturer will support your  Leica
or, for that matter, just about any camera you own, except, possibly, a
16mm
Bolex or a 4 by 5 Speed Graphic and, although, I haven't tested it, I
believe
that almost any decent tripod head will support even those cameras.

But as somebody already asked:

Now, you're going on your
honeymoon and you're worried about a  tripod??

Still, when I went on my honeymoon, I brought a 111C  and  a collapsible
German tripod [called a Bilora] with a tripod head much  smaller than the
small
Leica tripod head and it worked just fine. In fact, I set  it up in a small
square in Lima, Peru, attached a self-timer and took our  picture. Try doing
that
today. In 10 seconds someone will scoop up the camera  and tripod and
disappear before the timer runs down...

Bon voyage...bob cole