Subject: [Leica] DMR 3200 ISO B&W
From: leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens)
Date: Mon Oct 3 15:47:33 2005

After seeing how well the high ISO images from the DMR convert to
B&W, I though I would try underexposing the DMR by 1 stop when set at
1600 ISO.  I did this by using exp comp -1 and shot on Auto.  I then
opened the DNG raw and allowed the Adobe Camera to correct for the
under exposure.  To get B&W, I just set saturation on the DNG
conversion to -100.

Here is the shot of a neighborhood cat. It was at dusk and I was
using the 100mm APO at f3.4 and 180th of a second.

http://www.robsteve.com/DMR/L1040017.jpg

Here is a crop, unsharpened into the eye area.

http://www.robsteve.com/DMR/L1040017CRP.jpg

For members with high speed, here is a jpeg of the full DMR fill
saved as a 9 quality jpeg.

http://www.robsteve.com/DMR/L1040017LRG.jpg

Hows does it look compared to 3200 iso film scans?

Regards,

Robert