Subject: [Leica] B.D.'s PJ
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Oct 4 09:36:38 2005

On 10/4/05 10:30 AM, "Walt Johnson" <walt@waltjohnson.com> wrote:

> B.D.,
>
> Missed your recent post on the abortion clinic protest until this a.m.
> Covering so many of those  events over the years might have contributed
> to my nasty personality. :-(       . Don't want to get too far off topic
> but do have a few questions. Starting with the simple ones first:
>
> 1. what lens aperture did you use?
 5.6

> 2. film or digital?
Digital - Olympus E-1, 14 mm (28 equivalent)

> 3. if film, was it in a Leica?
>
> 4. have you every wondered  why so many  anti-abortion  protesters seem
> ready to kill to prevent killing?

A fascinating question. But...IF they believe that "babies" are being
murdered, I suppose that one can argue that they are right in thinking that
they should kill to prevent the "murder of innocents."  And I am right in
thinking that if they do that, they should spend the rest of their natural
lives behind bars.

> 5. do you use in camera metering or hand held?
TTL metering this time - I also often use incident metering.

> 6. does it appear contradictory to prevent abortion, bear children, try
> to nurture them for many years and then send them somewhere to kill or
> be killed?
Well it can certainly suggest that you are not "pro-life," but rather, are
"anti-abortion." ;-)

> 7. is it  my imagination or can one find bumper stickers advocating the
> same though processes mentioned in #6, on the same bumpers?
Nope, it's not your imagination.

> 8. do you feel spiritually refreshed when working with a minimum of
> basic Leica gear?
Yes.

> 9. is there a dichotomy between adamantly  supporting a strong nuclear
> defense and being a member of the clergy? ( have photographs)
That gets much more complicated.

> 10. WWJD, rangefinder or slr?
DSLR

> keep shooting,