Subject: [Leica] Which scanner
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Oct 8 00:35:23 2005

If you are scanning neg/slides, then a dedicated film scanner would
generally be much better. Unless you are shooting medium format or higher,
in which case, a high def flatbed may do just fine.

Go for the name brand, e.g. Minolta, Nikon, Canon etc. A 2900 DPI film
scanner would be good enough for 8x10 print or slightly higher, and the
4000/5000 DPI ones are pretty amazing.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Firsts trials posted on colour)
Message from cochranpr at mac.com (David Cochran) ([Leica] Which scanner)