Subject: [Leica] OFF LIST: San Francisco meeting
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat Oct 8 17:55:26 2005

Seth:  Glad you've posted about the meeting.  I'll be there.  A couple of
things:

- Would you be willing to post a tentative schedule?  Or at least a list of
who's speaking about what on which day?  It might attract a few more people
to show up.

- Your message wasn't clear on whether the name change is still actually
being considered or not, only that "Some long-time members thought a name
change would be going against tradition and it was not worth pursuing a
question that might have been divisive."  Personally, I don't mind one way
or the other.  Just plain "Leica Society of America" is indeed more
accurate, rolls off the tongue more easily, and would probably get less
funny looks when I tell people why I'm going to San Francisco.  On the
other hand, there is the tradition aspect, the comfort of (particularly)
older members, and the question of whether a name change would actually
help bring in new members.

- A while back you mentioned that maybe we should sing my "Modern Major
General" parody at the banquet.  I'm no soloist, but if we could get a few
folks together to share the duties, maybe it would be fun. . .

--Peter

Replies: Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] LHSA Annaul Meetings)
Reply from leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens) ([Leica] OFF LIST: San Francisco meeting)