Subject: [Leica] Point Reyes Light House
From: ealadner at comcast.net (Eric Ladner)
Date: Sat Oct 8 18:05:42 2005

On Oct 8, 2005, at 3:27 AM, Philippe Orlent wrote:

>> - I believe the fresnel lens is the largest one in use at the point
>> in the
>> continental USA. It uses a drop weight and a gear system to rotate the
>> whole assembly.

Wonderful pictures, especially in B&W, but are you sure the old fresnel
system is actually in use? I thought it had been retired some time ago.
Isn't the active light the little unit on the rooftop in the first
picture?

--Eric Ladner

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Point Reyes Light House)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Point Reyes Light House)