Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 40: Various stuff and some new kit
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sun Oct 9 09:16:04 2005

As usual, good photography from you, Nathan.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies

On Oct 9, 2005, at 11:17 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

I don't know that I'd call it a great photograph, but it sure is a
great picture. Wonder why he picked a bear to hang on the mirror --
must be a dog thing.

> The main image is another commuting picture, taken at a rest area
> along the A2 motorway south of Utrecht:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_40.jpg

Probably my favorite of the lot.

> The next one is an addition to my bicycle series, taken near the
> beach in Katwijk, north of The Hague:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_40alt1.jpg

The people draw me in well enough (hard to do), but it's a little
busy for me.

> A Saturday night scene on Leidseplein in Amsterdam:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_40alt2.jpg

The evenness of lighting strikes me. Did you have to photoshop or was
it happy coincidence?

> The last 3 images were taken in London with the newly acquired
> camera and lens mentioned above. First, a classic London image of a
> telephone booth (itself a relic of the past these days), with the
> traditional adverts of services offered by young ladies:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_40alt3.jpg

> Wednesday night we went for dinner at a fancy restaurant on the
> Strand. The food actually looked better than it was (warning: might
> be offensive for vegetarians):
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_40alt4.jpg

Not sure whether there is too much blur or not enough.