Subject: [Leica] Parts source?
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 10 15:37:04 2005

In a message dated 10/10/2005 5:26:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
oshaug@gmail.com writes:

Well  I've pretty much destroyed the rewind crank on my M4-2. Does anyone
have  any recommendations on where I could get a  replacement?

You get the knob from Leica or maybe DAG.

It is easy to change, but kind of expensive. More than a hundred  bucks!

The screw in the middle of the top is a  lock screw.  The rewind  knob is a
reverse thread

When you remove the set screw, stick a flat blade screwdriver inside the
camera  to hold the shaft, and unscrew the knob (reverse,  remember)   Don't
force it, but it might be kinda tight.  There  are some washers, don't lose
them.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com