Subject: [Leica] Late-Season Sailing
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Oct 11 12:29:46 2005

September gives cool, brisk winds and beautiful light on Vineyard
Sound.  Here a cruising boat works her way eastward down the Sound
with the sun behind her.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/SAILING/01_05_0087_web

And the same one in B&W which I think works just as well if not better:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/SAILING/01_05_0087_bw_web

We race into early October.  We were overtaking this boat to weather
when he decided he wanted no part of that and pinched up to windward
to keep us from taking his wind.  He cleared our bow by about four
feet.  We roared through his lee right after this was taken.  Big
boats go faster than small boats.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/SAILING/01_20A_0015_web

I also sail regularly on small boats.  Here the boats sneak up behind
the rock ledge at the entrance to Woods Hole Harbor before heading
out into the strong opposing current in the passage.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/SAILING/02_14_0027_web

All were taken with an Olympus Stylus Epic on Fuji Press 400 film.
Commercial 2K x 3K scans.

Enjoy.  Comments welcome, of course.

--
Regards,