Subject: [Leica] Black and White
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Oct 12 12:41:35 2005

You may be right about the warmth, Tina, but I think that sepia has come to
say 'gimmick,' fake 'old.'

As to black and white being better suited to landscapes and rocks, Eugene
Smith, Robert Capa, Mary Ellen Mark, Susan Meiselas, Eugene Richards, Henri
Huet, Henri Cartier Bresson, and our friends Michael Hintlian and Ted Grant
are hardly people associated with rocks and trees - but I sure associate
their most humanistic of work with black and white. ;-)