Subject: [Leica] Leica R Lenses on Modified Canon 5D
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Oct 14 14:01:02 2005

At 04:18 PM 10/14/2005, you wrote:
>Tina,
>Have you noticed any issues withcorner sharpness with wideangle
>lenses such as the 24mm 1.4L or 19mm on the 5D?
>Tom

Tom -  This afternoon I took the 5D and the 16-33 to the supermarket
and photographed the shelves at 16.  There is a slight fall-off of
focus at the edges and slight vignetting but only right at the
edges.  I haven't examined closely any shots with the 24 or the
19.  They look great at first glance.  I'll try both of them tonight
and examine them at 100%.  I would expect them to be better than the
Canon based on what I've seen with the 1DMII, but it's not full-frame
so I'll check them out on the 5D tonight.

Tina