Subject: [Leica] PAW 41 - catching up
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Oct 17 08:28:55 2005

Peter - That's an interesting boat you found in an interesting
location.  I think it would have helped me more to understand what I
was looking at if I could have seen more of the plinth and could see
where the cut was made to shorten the boat.  This is a case where I
think cropping more loosely would have made sense, at least to me.

One does wonder why it was cut in half.  There is a famous
advertising photo of a skiff called the Boston Whaler that was cut in
half to show both halves would float alone even if the boat broke up.
Maybe they had something like that in mind here.  Or, maybe they just
didn't have room for the whole boat on the plinth and took the easy
way out!  :-)  It looks like the back half of a motor lifeboat,
B.T.W.  I wonder where the front half is.

Thanks for showing it.  Any mention of a boat will always get me to
look at a picture.