Subject: [Leica] OT: mixing different B&W films in the same tank
From: martin at jangowski.de (Martin Jangowski)
Date: Tue Oct 18 01:30:29 2005

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Daniel Ridings wrote:

> No, if your times, like those of the chart, are the same.
>
> Daniel
>
> On 10/18/05, Richard <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:
>> Quick :-) According to the Digitaltruth dev chart, both Tri X and HP5+
>> have
>> the same development time using DDX. I happen to have 2 rolls of Tri X and
>> 1 roll of HP5+. Would there be any problem putting them all in the same
>> tank?>

Unfortunately, it depends. My times for Delta 400 and APX100 in D76H are
identical. Unfortunately, sensitometer strips from APX100 are visibly
different (less dense) if I develop them in the same bath with Delta 400.
It seems that the Deltas have something that retards development of at
least some films. I don't mix Deltas with other films any more... I'm not
sure if TMX and HP5+ have the same problem, but I wouldn't take a chance.

Gr??e aus Hohenlohe,

        Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@Jangowski.de|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/940790                         Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] OT: mixing different B&W films in the same tank)
Message from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] OT: mixing different B&W films in the same tank)