Subject: [Leica] OT: mixing different B&W films in the same tank
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Oct 18 01:52:09 2005

Luis,

The new Tri-X does not require a water bath (pre-soak). You just have
to wash it longer after the fix. That's when you get that antihalation
layer off.

Easiest, and quickest, way is to rinse it in HCA for a minute or two
after the fix (a quick rinse in water in between). HCA isn't needed to
get the fixer out, but it sure does make the job of getting the
magenta/purple tint out of the film base.

I don't do that anymore either. I just make sure I get the film
properly washed. No problems at all.

Daniel