Subject: [Leica] City Lights
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Oct 18 05:48:42 2005

Philippe Orlent said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] City Lights

>I wish I could do this stuff with my Digilux 2.<<<<

Hi Philippe,

Question?
Have you tried to shoot this type of scene over water with your Digilux 2?
A wish is just that, a wish without taking action....

Here's what you do. ;-)
Find city, town, whatever with bright skyline of lights shining over water.

Place camera on tripod, ground, dockside, pilings, whatever works. Compose
picture with camera set on auto everything, squeeze down gently on shutter
release, stand back and wait for exposure to terminate.

And you'll have a picture like Robert's. No you wont have a DMR type
quality, but you will have a quality to produce a 13X19 print to matt, frame
and hang.

How do I know?  Been there done it right here in Victoria Inner harbour and
I know of two 13X19 prints hanging! ;-)

Hey,I'm not kidding.;-)

Don't just wish, go do it and you'll be pleasantly surprised.:-) The Digilux
2 isn't as bad as many think or make it out to be.

ted

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] City Lights)