Subject: [Leica] Cloisters/Alternate Crops
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Thu Oct 20 07:38:57 2005

Spent more time looking at one of the shots I posted earlier this
week and decided on two alternate crops that work better for me.
Here's the original:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/06_02_0177_web

In this alternate I cropped the original negative more loosely and
feel it gives a stronger impression of the environment the gal is
enjoying.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/06_02_0177_alt_crop1_web

And, from a different negative, a vertical crop that focuses
attention more on the woman than her environment.  I like the slight
upward tilt on the subject's face here, too.  That's missing from the
other shot.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/06_01_0176_alt_crop2a_web

To me either alternative works better than the first crop though they
have different emphasizes.

Comments welcome as always.
--
Regards,