Subject: [Leica] Re: Pitching for a job
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Fri Oct 21 19:16:45 2005

I used to shoot lots of sports - high school and college - mostly
Olympus OMs. I haven't done that in some years though.

I shot a couple of my daughters tennis matches last month - one with
an M6 and the other with an OM-4. The difference in the distance from
the ball to the racket was astonishing. The M6 won hands down,
overwhelmingly.

I think it's the shutter response time, although viewfinder width
could have some effect.

I was really startled by the difference. It's more difference than I
expected when I went to rangefinder a few years ago.

Now, if I could only get past not having depth-of-field preview...

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies