Subject: [Leica] Leidak? Anyone tried the R to EOS adapter(s) on Kodak DCS
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Oct 24 15:43:31 2005

Tom,
Problems, yes. First is the noise issues at higher ISO's like 400, second is
the slow start times, third is the poor ergonomics, fourth is the relatively
poor build quality. On the good side, you can dial the ISO down to 6 which
can be good for certain images and the color quality and sharpness of the
image is quite good. If you are doing studio work where light is not an
issue and on times are of no relevance then this could be an interesting
addition, especially if wide angle work is important to you.
 Of course, at this point the legacy issue comes up. With no support from a
manufacturer then future bug discoveries will be problematic for the owner.
But at a price below a 5D then at some point the pay/pain ration becomes
favorable to purchase.
 Don
don.dory@gmail.com