Subject: [Leica] Re: Jupiter 8 Lenses
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Oct 25 11:36:27 2005

Wide-open, close focus

http://gallery.leica-users.org/By-Jupiter/05v30_0003

We heard the same things about CL lenses in M-mount. Probably has more
to do with marketing than facts.

The bodies, however, are not of the same thickness and some shimming
might be needed. The lenses are designed for that. There is an area
with shims that can be thickened or thinned as need be in most lenses.
This was necessary because Contaxes (that Kievs are replicas of) never
really got the standards down pat for dimensions of a camera body.

Daniel